It's our goal to make service on your refrigerators and freezers as simple and straightforward as possible in order to maintain up-time, protect what you're storing, and let you focus on providing exceptional patient care. We asked our technical service team to recap the top 10 most frequently asked questions they get from customers. Here is what they came up with...
1. What do I use to refill my solution bottle?
For refrigerators, use 10-12 mL of glycerin to refill the solution bottle, and fill the rest with tap water. For freezers, fill the bottle with 50% glycol and 50% tap water.
2. My machine is making a sizzling sound. What’s up with that?
Condensation drips from the evaporator to the heated drain pan at the back of the unit. This keeps any water from accumulating and is perfectly normal.
3. What is my warranty?
More often than not, warranty is 1-year labor, 2-years parts, and the compressor warranty varies on model. Detailed information on warranties below:
- i.Series refrigerator warranty: 7 years compressor • 2 years parts • 1 year labor
- Horizon & Scientific Series refrigerator & iSeries freezers warranty: 5 years compressor • 2 years parts • 1 year labor
- Horizon Series freezers: 3 years compressor • 2 years parts • 1 year labor
- Countertop Refrigerator: 2 years parts • 1 year labor
4. What’s the difference between monitor and control?
Monitor is the temperature reading from the probe inside the bottle. It activates temperature alarms. Control is the air temperature reading from the probe in the evaporator. It controls when the compressor turns on and off.
5. Why is my temperature jumping up when I open the door?
Your probe bottle is likely low on solution or the probe bottle is empty. Refer to question number one for refill instructions!
6. Why am I getting a power failure alarm?
If you are getting a power failure alarm, check to make sure the power switch is turned on, the power cord is plugged into the wall, and that the cord has not come loose from the back of the machine.
7. How often do I replace the backup battery?
You should replace your backup battery every two years, per the preventative maintenance schedule in the manual.
8. Why is my chart recorder losing time?
If your chart recorded is losing time, it is likely the hub is not tight enough. Don’t be afraid of over tightening the hub. If there is a black rubber grommet on the hub, take that off and try again.
9. I cleaned my filter on my ULT unit, but it is still giving me an error. Why is that?
If you are getting an error, go to the event log (red flag). Touch the filter event. Enter in a Cause, Action Taken, and Signature. Touch the green check mark.
10. Can I change the door of an upright from right-hinged to left-hinged?
No, you cannot change the door of an upright from right-hinged to left-hinged. Uprights can only go from left-hinged to right.
We are committed to bringing you the best technical service in the industry. If you have unanswered questions, please reach out to our service team here. And for more helpful service tips on all of the Helmer Scientific products, visit the technical service section of our blog by following the link below.